Sunday, 20 June 2010

put your hand up if you think Gareth Southgates a babe...

HALLO. Five days in and I'm fully Dutch.

Spent ALOT of this week on a trampoline, I have no complaints like...I'm getting paid for it. Also done quite a lot of colouring in and picking strawberries from the garden (a majority of said strawberries then got thrown at the sheep...I'm not sure if I approved this activity, I tend to just say 'yes' to anything they ask me and hope for the best).

Friday night I fully Amsterdam'd one off for my first time. Got the train (DOUBLE DECKER....A FUCKING DOUBLE DECKER TRAIN).

Met Jack, watched some football, drank some beer. Apparently its pretty normal for a guy to eat a boiled egg as a bar snack. I tried to get a picture of the boiled egg eating in action...I'm pretty sure he clocked me.



Saturday was more football, Dutch people going wild everywhere. Stayed in the same bar all day and ended up talking to some guy from Gateshead who tried to tell me Lee Cattermole was the greatest footballer in the world, I disregarded everything he said following this...saying that, he redeemed himself slightly when he turned to the rest of the stag party and asked them in a europa esque fashion to raise their hands if they thought Gareth Southgate was a babe. Got rescued by some Australian men who took pity on me, turned out to be Crowded House plus crew (I had to google it but they had that hit 'Don't dream its over'.)

Got myself back to my hostel and went out with some of the people from the bar. One of the guys was from Brazil and proper loved SSS, I didn't really understand. Drunk some beers and then had major problems getting on the top bunk with no ladder.

Decided to have a mince about on the Sunday before a bit more football. Found the best shop in the world...


and then ate the worst £11 breakfast in the world...



So, that was my first Amsterdam experience (plus a couple of prostitutes and far too many 90's pop hits).

P.S Props to this guy...



he was trawling the red light district at 10am on a Sunday morning...dedication that is.

2 comments:

  1. Not entirely sure if you're working out there but keep it comin' Lauren. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. might do...depends, who's asking LIKE?!

    ReplyDelete