I'm not sure I can handle how bloody liberal this country is. The other night I watched a children's documentary on the telly about prostitutes working in the tourist areas of South Africa during the world cup...I'm not quite sure the prozzie saying 'c'mon baby take me up to your hotel room and give it to me' while she has her hands down his pants is quite suitable for 4 and 5 year olds. They also don't seem too keen on censoring songs on the radio...I must hear the word 'fuck' about 8 times when I'm talking them to school on a morning and today we've been subjected to a song about a 'lovesick crackhead' about 30 times.
Went to see Chromeo at Paradiso last night, they were pretty much unreal and the venue was proper class.
It's Juliet's birthday next week so they have to take something for all the kids in the class, pretty much the opposite of getting presents for your birthday. I wasted a good 4 days of my life looking for these sticks that have tinsel on the end...I have no idea how to describe them in English so my translation fully didn't carry over to Dutch. Gave up and made these instead...
Pretty bloody class.
P.S These are the kids I look after...I haven't just made them up:
No comments:
Post a Comment